The County Council conducted a consultation on parking in these streets and the wider area recently. Although there was some support for a residents parking scheme from residents of these three streets, people living in adjacent roads were very much opposed to the idea.
![]() |
| Hermitage Street |
Because there are more cars registered to properties in these streets than there are parking places available on street the County are reluctant to consider a parking scheme for the area.
The County will be consulting with people soon with some revisions to on street parking on the Bath Road shopping area and this includes a couple of revisions on Exmouth Street and Francis Street.
A public meeting is being held shortly for the residents of the three streets to consider their parking issues. All local residents have been written to to advise them of the details of the meeting and I intend to be present.
The Bath Road shopping area plans will be consulted on widely in due course soon and I will post details on here when I have them.
One of the issues that has recently arisen is parking across the pavement outside the new houses which have been built on Exmouth Street.
![]() |
| New Houses on Exmouth Street |
I understand that existing residents were sent a letter by Mark Holland the developers warning that clampers would be used if people parked across the pavement. As it is highways land with no parking restrictions it is illegal for anyone except for the police to enforce this.
Interestingly the parking across the pavement seems to be a fairly recent occurence. The draft proposals I have seen for the parking changes for the Bath Road area do include yellow lines on Exmouth Street outside the new development. These will be much easier to enforce as the councils traffic wardens will be able to do that and not have to rely on the police.


No comments:
Post a Comment