You may have heard about the County Council’s Active Together funding scheme for County Councillors.
I have around £30k left of my Active Together funding which I need to spend before the end of this financial year – more info at Active Together .
I am looking to invest it in activities that the local communities I represent (in Charlton Park and College Wards) have identified as something they would like in their area.
Social isolation, particularly of older residents and also increasing youth provision are two issues which I would like to help tackle with this money although I am open to any suggestions from local community and voluntary groups who have ideas that will appeal to residents in my division.
Also ideas of helping people who are not currently active but would like to start to make the journey to get fitter would be welcome.
If you have any ideas of activities or equipment or anything else that these funds could help and which would be delivered within my division for the benefit of local residents I would be delighted to hear from you.
So far I have helped fund three projects; improving access to the wetland area of Pilley Bridge Nature Reserve, supporting development of a Petanque pitch at Sandford Park and tennis activities delivered by East Glos tennis club at Montpellier Gardens.
Some of the suggestions which have come up but not yet progressed to an application have been outside gym equipment in one of the parks – Sandford Park or Naunton Park, tai chi classes, guided walks – possibly through the different parks in the town to link up with different friends groups.
I would still support anything like these if that if a bid comes forward as well as other good schemes to help get more people active.
You can contact me by email if want to ask any questions or make some suggestions.
No comments:
New comments are not allowed.